𝟢𝟤𝟩,MIDDLE OF KOOKLANDIA

GLITCH.
027 | the middle of kooklandia

AS THE AFTERNOON DRIFTED INTO THE EARLY EVENING,

━━ Kiara had picked up Renee from her house, having changed from her bathing suit and back into a  white sundress that was on the verge of collecting the dust in the back of her closet . Paring it with her signature scruffy converse, a yellow cardigan falling off of her shoulders and a the totebag she managed to sneak a bunch of candy into.

Neither of them had heard from John B since the morning — even swinging by the chateau which they expected to find them moping around in but to their surprise he was seemingly still off the radar.

Only Pope and JJ had answered their text inviting them to the open air cinema also — although as much as Kiara dreaded not having her best friend to herself for one night ( no matter how much more selfish it sounded out loud).

Renee wanted to speak to JJ, about the awkward conversation they both suffered on the boat and also to tell him the outrageous so called lies Rafe and Topper were spreading earlier about the both of them.

So as they trailed into the park, Pope holding the lawn chairs and JJ the cooler of beer he managed to smuggle in whilst Kie and Ren seemed to take it easy.

" it's so good that they're still doing this." Kiara said in a breath of relief " keep calm carry on."

Renee flickered her gaze between the two boys who were on edge — their eyes panning the area as if they were looking out for something they were expecting.

" hey," Renee took ahold of JJ's hand, his attention differed from his surroundings and back to the girl who showed him a warm yet concerned smile "what's up?" she asked,

Shaking it off as if it were nothing JJ just returned the small gesture of a smile "nothing."

The bluntness of his answer slightly hitting back at Renee who just nodded and turned her attention back to Kie who hadn't seemed to stop talking,

" aren't you guys glad me and Ren invited you to come?" Kiara said, to which Renee rolled her eyes knowing the brunette was adamant not to let the boys ruin their evening only an hour ago.

" ecstatic." Pope's fake enthusiasm made Renee chuckle. " my couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest." JJ spoke bluntly — she knew he wasn't one to enjoy being in large crowds of people. Especially kooks of all people.

Finding their positions, they unfolded their lawn chairs and sat down and tried to get comfortable — Kiara pestering Renee for help as she struggled to get her lawn chair out of its folded state. Although Renee hadn't been much help considering laughter stifled carelessly from her mouth watching her best friend become infuriated with a a piece of outdoor furniture.

" we're outside of the green zone man." Pope attempted to kept their conversation between him and JJ although Renee managed to catch onto his words.

Her chuckles became slower and less genuine, turning her head to hopefully get a better grip on the boys conversation.

" dude, tranquilo, okay?" JJ attempted to soothe but Pope decided not to listen and instead let his anxiety escalate.

" we're in the middle of kooklandia!" Pope continued " this is the last place I wanted to be!"

Renee stood up fully, noticing Kiara call after her, breaking her out of her eavesdropping daze
" I'm going to get a drink you want anything?"

Renee nodded " uh..sprite please." she shrugged off her suspiciousness of her two friends, well at least until she saw Kiara had fully moved away.