𝟢𝟦𝟪, NOTHING BUT DISAPPOINTMENT

GLITCH.
048 | nothing but disappointment

" AND WHAT EXACTLY IS THE GAME PLAN?"

━━Renee's question caused everyone to look at JJ who had been talking about what he was going to do the second they got their hands on Ward Cameron.

" we go in there, guns a blazin' " he told the girl, placing ammo into his gun as he did so " make ward Cameron beg for mercy!"

" abscond with as much gold as possible and vámonos, get the hell out of there." he concluded as if it was going to be that simple — An optimism which Renee admired.

" send that shit right down the intracoastal," John B continued the plan further soon joined in by Kiara

" wait for the weather." Pope nodded as Renee watched the conversation unfold from the seat by JJ.

" and exit to Cuba." Pope said, although it soon earned a little scoff from JJ who was dismissive of the idea.

" no man, Xcalak jewel of the Yucatan." Renee sighed at the idea of that place that JJ hadn't shut up about going to for years " lobster so thick, mangoes and no word for money!"

Renee sat up straight after jj placed the gun under his belt, " why can't we go to Hawaii instead?"

" like drinking pina coladas all day , lounging by waterfalls, dancing by the fire in grass skirts and eating our body weight in pineapple all whilst being able to see baby sea turtles hatch on the beach." she listed off, growing more eager to go there with each mention of an activity.

" now...doesn't that sound way better?"

JJ chuckled, leaning into Renee who smiled at the mere thought of Hawaii " as much as I'd like to see you in a grass skirt, Xcalak is probably a better place to stay on the DL."

" can we at least go there when we aren't hiding away?" she tried to compromise, earning a nod from JJ who rubbed his hand on her thigh.

" babe, with a hundred and sixty million dollars to our names, I think we could buy the entire state."

Once arriving to the outside gate to the airstrip, everyone jumped out of the van — although they didn't seem to have a legitimate plan of action , they all ran towards the barrier between them and the gold.

" what's the plan? Broad strokes." Kiara called out to John B who stood looking at the plane, shaking his head and Kiara.

" I don't think we've got that far."

Everyone's fingers wrapped over the wire, trying to catch a view at what was happening — especially since there was only one set of binoculars.

" they're loading up the gold." Pope told them, John B silently took a look for himself — Renee noticed the faint picture of a black Range Rover she had been in too many times not to recognise.

" guys, that's Ward's car. He's there." John B nodded, confirming that indeed it was Ward Cameron's although he did not expect what happened next.

His hands began to shake slightly, lowering the binoculars — his lips parted as they turned down into a frown.

" JohnB, what's up?" Renee looked at him, he couldn't tear his eyes away from it,

" He's got Sarah." he murmured, Renee snatched the binoculars from the brunette — not wanting to believe the pit of betrayal that was burrowing in her stomach.

she looked at the same sight. Renee felt foolish for believing Sarah Cameron had actually changed, they she actually wanted to be her friend again without any alternative motive.